Senior Software Engineer - Integrations
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2023
Who We Are
Uniquely positioned at the intersection of fintech and hospitality, Selfbook transforms hotel bookings and payments from the inside out. Working in tandem with hotels’ existing technology systems, Selfbook enhances what matters most to hotels, including direct bookings, payments, and security. Built by a team of creative technologists and avid travelers, our products provide a refreshingly effortless user experience for guests and hoteliers alike. Selfbook is committed to empowering hotels worldwide with modern e-commerce solutions tailor-made for our industry.
Our culture and values are built around our motto - “People. Product. Profit.” We believe that our people-first approach and diverse workforce are strengths that power our business to success by ensuring that each and every one of our employees feels seen and valued and, in turn, can contribute to our industry-shaping innovations.
About the Role
Your job will be to work on back-end related tasks including: building and supporting API(s) that power the booking and payment layers behind our products. This includes everything from integrations to fraud-detection and more. In short, you will contribute to Selfbook’s rapid growth and expand the network of hotels making bookings easier than ever before.
Our ideal candidate is sharp, enthusiastic, and believes in our mission to fundamentally disrupt the status quo in the hospitality industry. If you are passionate about tech, travel, and teamwork, this role is for you!
What You’ll Do
- Build and maintain a fast, secure, and highly resilient payment platform written in Ruby.
- Integrate our platform with partners to expand capabilities
- Evaluate, identify, and define improvements to the existing infrastructure
- Serve as a technical leader:
- Establish and continuously improve engineering standards
- Coordinate across teams to move the needle on major initiatives
- Mentor and help develop the skills of other engineers
You’re Right for the Role If…
- You have 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
- You’re a problem solver and are able to evaluate technical approaches to problems and provide viable alternative solutions
- You have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with our senior stakeholders
- You have experience with Agile development methodologies
Nice to Haves
- You have 7+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Professional Ruby development experience
- Experience with payment systems
- Experience building high-performance platforms and APIs
- Project management skills
- Competitive Pay
- Unlimited PTO
- 401K Match
- Comprehensive health coverage: Medical, dental, vision, life, short-term-, long-term disability, and FSA
- 24-week parental leave
- Remote/virtual work environment
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Monthly phone and internet reimbursement
- One-time Work from Home setup reimbursement
Equal Employment Opportunity
Selfbook Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, religious creed, physical disability, mental disability, age, medical condition (cancer), marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.