Business Development Representative
Sales & Business Development
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, January 11, 2022
Our mission is to increase the success rate of small businesses. Traditional banking has been a growth limiter rather than a growth enabler for business owners, and we’re changing that. Relay is the all-in-one, collaborative money management platform. We’re building for employer SMBs and their finance function, internal and external, and are focused on delivering a human-centric customer experience. Ultimately, we help SMBs be ‘on the money'.
We are looking for a Business Development Representative to join our rapidly expanding Sales team based in Toronto. You’ll be an integral part of Relay’s customer acquisition strategy; from prospecting inbound leads to outreach for outbound leads and so much more in between.
In this role, you will own the beginning of the sales cycle and will be responsible for introducing the benefits of a virtual banking solution like Relay, while providing the best customer experience possible. As a BDR, you’ll jumpstart your career in the exciting field of Fintech. If you’re interested in venturing outside the norm and are ready to join a high-growth start-up, we’d love to learn more about you!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Ensure that qualified leads are prospected; you’ll schedule meetings with our Account Executives
- Qualifying sales leads through calls and emails to learn more about what clients are looking for from a business banking provider
- Pitching Relay by positioning relevant aspects of our product based on the needs of the accountant or bookkeeper and their clients
- Scheduling a high volume of meetings with qualified leads through outreach; with a combination of inbound and outbound leads
- Through your business discussions, you will collect relevant information to set up our Account Executives for success
- Strategize with the Sales team to innovate and improve the overall efficiency of the sales processes
Who You Are:
- You have 1+ years of experience gained from a high-volume customer-facing role (e.g. retail, hospitality or previous BDR experience)
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You are highly articulate via phone, email and face-to-face
- You have a strong work ethic with the confidence to work autonomously
- You are receptive to constructive criticism and new sales strategies
- You are highly motivated, metrics-oriented and thrive in a fast-growing environment
- You live in Toronto or the GTA; we work in the office two days a week!
- You have prior experience working in a Fintech/B2B SaaS environment
- You have experience with Hubspot, Salesforce CRM or a similar CRM
Research shows that women-identifying and other marginalized individuals tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications; if you don't have all the listed qualifications, we encourage you to apply anyway!
Our Commitment To You:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity: every team member gets a piece of the pie.
- Comprehensive health benefits: we offer full health benefits + an HSA/WSA starting from day 1 so you get the coverage you need.
- Considerable vacation/end-of-year holiday shutdown: we take time off to reset and recharge so we come back better for our customers.
- Hybrid working environment: we love collaborating and connecting in office two times a week and offer bi-weekly catered lunches and a snack/beverage program for the days we’re in office.
- Personal and professional growth: support from leaders who care about your growth and success through regular feedback and coaching. Our goal is to make Relay a step-change career opportunity.
- Top-tier equipment: we’ll make sure you have everything you need to produce your best work.
- Team-first culture: we’re passionate about working collaboratively, bonding through team events, and most importantly having fun.
The Interview Process:
- Stage 1: A 30-minute Google Meets video call with a member of the Talent team
- Stage 2: A 30-minute Google Meets video call with the BDR Team Lead
- Stage 3: A take-home case study followed by a 30-minute presentation to our Sales team
- Stage 4: A 30-minute Google Meets video call with Relay’s CEO
What’s Important to Us:
At Relay, we believe that diversity is key to building high-performing teams, and creating an inclusive work environment is our priority. We are an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We will work with applicants to provide accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. If you require accommodations during the interview process, please email your People Team contact, and we will work with you to meet your needs.