Customer Operations and Data Co-op
Customer Service, Operations
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
Our mission is to increase the success rate of small businesses. Traditional banking has been a growth limiter rather than a growth enabler for business owners, and we’re changing that. Relay is the all-in-one, collaborative money management platform. We’re building for employer SMBs and their finance function, internal and external, and are focused on delivering a human-centric customer experience. Ultimately, we help SMBs be ‘on the money'.
Relay is entering an exciting new chapter of growth. We’re looking for a Customer Operations and Data Co-op to join one of the fastest-growing teams at Relay. This is a unique opportunity to support our growing customer base and become a product knowledge expert in all things Relay and Fintech.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on various initiatives and projects to support our Customer Experience Team. You're a creative problem solver with deep empathy for helping shape the future of small businesses. You will act as the support for our Customer Experience Team making sure we are well prepared to serve our customers. This co-op will provide you with hands-on experience and exposure to the dynamic world of customer operations and data management.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Perform regular analysis to understand the performance of our customer experience team and develop strategies to improve performance.
- Deeply understanding Relay’s internal and customer-facing processes, and designing studies to identify their effectiveness.
- Collaborate with the regular maintenance of customer experience systems and tools.
- Researching and launching software platforms and implementing new features to existing platforms that enhance the customer experience team by reducing response times and enhancement of quality.
- Train and develop our AI software to resolve more complex customer questions and issues.
- Prepare regular operations management briefs and reports to champion the customer’s experience, implementing any necessary measures to reduce incoming tickets.
Who You Are:
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree in Business, Economics, Computer Science, Data Science or a related field.
- You have 1-2 past co-op experiences working in operations, data, project management or a related field.
- Proficiencies with data analysis tools such as Excel and Metabase. A knowledge of analysis techniques such as predictive modeling, simulation, and optimization.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to make data speak and deliver insights.
- You have fine-tuned prioritization skills to maximize your impact.
- You have the ability to rise to a challenge; you can handle change and uncertainty, at times.
- You are naturally curious, you love to understand the “why” behind a problem or question and aren’t afraid to dig deep into problem-solving.
- You have prior tech start-up experience or worked in a fast-paced environment.
- You have SQL knowledge and experience using it in data analysis.
- Familiarity with customer support tools, particularly Zendesk.
Our Commitment To You:
- The expected pay range for this position is $20/hr to $23/hr. Actual pay will be determined based on several factors such as past experience and qualifications, geographic location, and other job-related factors permitted by law.
- Hybrid work environment: we love collaborating and connecting in the office two times a week and offer bi-weekly catered lunches and a snack/beverage program for the days we’re in office. For the days we spend at home, you will need a dedicated and private room to conduct your work confidentially.
- Personal and professional growth: support from leaders who care about your growth and success through regular feedback and coaching. Our goal is to make Relay a valuable hands-on experience for your career development.
- Top-tier equipment: we’ll make sure you have everything you need to produce your best work.
- Team-first culture: we’re passionate about working collaboratively, bonding through team events, and most importantly having fun.
The Interview Process:
- Stage 1: A 45-minute Google Meets video call with the Hiring Manager and a Customer Experience Team Lead
- Stage 2: A short independent assessment (data & written communication focused)
- Stage 3: A 30-minute Google Meets video call with members of the Customer Experience team
- Reports to: Sr. Operations & Automation Specialist
- Duration: May 6th 2024 - August 23rd 2024
- Employment type: Full-time co-op
- Work Location: 60 Adelaide St E, Toronto Ontario, 2 days in office 3 days remote.
Research shows that women-identifying and other marginalized individuals tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications; if you don't have all the listed qualifications, we encourage you to apply anyway!
What’s Important to Us:
At Relay, we believe that diversity is key to building high-performing teams, and creating an inclusive work environment is our priority. We are an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We will work with applicants to provide accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. If you require accommodations during the interview process, please email your People Team contact, and we will work with you to meet your needs.