Talent Development Partner (Relay Coach)
People & HR
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, November 2, 2023
Our mission is to increase the success rate of small businesses. Traditional banking has been a growth limiter rather than a growth enabler for business owners, and we’re changing that. Relay is the all-in-one, collaborative money management platform. We’re building for employer SMBs and their finance function, internal and external, and are focused on delivering a human-centric customer experience. Ultimately, we help SMBs be ‘on the money'.
At Relay we believe in Getting 1% Better Everyday - as a company and as individuals. We also believe that we are a work in progress - always striving for incremental growth. And we know that growth can happen in different forms. A commitment to our team is to help fuel their personal and professional growth through feedback and intentional learning moments. That’s why we are investing in People Enablement as a practice and hiring our first internal coach. You will be the trailblazer who brings an enablement and coaching program to life in service of a growing group of Relayers. In addition to 1:1 coaching, you will work on development programs for the team.
What You'll Be Doing:
- This is a new role at Relay, so you’ll be developing the strategy, building playbooks and executing on programs.
- Coach & Trainer: You will wear two hats - 1:1 coaching and supporting our Learning & Development/ enablement initiatives. This includes creating and facilitating group learning offerings.
- Foundation Builder: Lead the creation of Relay’s Leadership Development programs for new and existing managers.
- Develop and facilitate interactive workshops supporting areas where we all want to get 1% better including: communication, change management, feedback, etc.
- Share insights and make recommendations on workshops and initiatives to build employee engagement and performance.
- Talent Development & Retention
- Promotion Rates
- Manager Effectiveness
- Diversity Metrics amongst Leaders
How Success is Measured
Who You Are:
- Strong communicator: Among your super powers is facilitation, public speaking and managing a room of cross functional team members. You have an empathetic and authentic voice to make sure learning is a safe space to grow.
- Experienced: Demonstrated experience building and delivering leadership development programs. Coaching Certification recognized by the International Coaching Federation (ICF) or working towards one.
- Nimble & Creative: You have the ability to quickly create custom workshop content for teams and on a range of topics. In the areas you’re not familiar with, you are willing to explore what’s out in the market and bring that knowledge to Relayers. You understand our stage of development and pace of operating and thrive in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment and are comfortable adapting to change.
- High Ownership: You have a deep understanding of our broader business and the work of the team(s) you support. You are embedded in the team to deliver relevant coaching and learning programs.
- Self Starter: This is a new role and area of investment for Relay. You can both operate independently to build and work with other People team members, managers and leadership members within Relay to generate ideas to drive a feedback culture and foster a learning environment.
- Inclusive: Experience coaching a diverse range of team members with different thinking styles, cultural backgrounds and coaching goals.
- Bar Raiser: You subscribe to the approach of getting better 1% everyday and never stop seeking opportunities to learn; you don’t settle for mediocrity. Making people around you better brings through your craft as a coach, but also by how you approach learning and life, brings you joy and a deep sense of accomplishment.
Our Commitment To You:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity: every team member gets a piece of the pie.
- Comprehensive health benefits: we offer full health benefits + an HSA/WSA starting from day 1 so you get the coverage you need.
- Considerable vacation: we take time off to reset and recharge so we come back better for our customers.
- Hybrid working environment: we love collaborating and connecting in office two times a week and offer bi-weekly catered lunches and a snack/beverage program for the days we’re in office. For the days we spend at home, you will need a dedicated and private room to conduct phone calls confidentially.
- Personal and professional growth: support from leaders who care about your growth and success through regular feedback and coaching. Our goal is to make Relay a step-change career opportunity.
- Top-tier equipment: we’ll make sure you have everything you need to produce your best work.
- Team-first culture: we’re passionate about working collaboratively, bonding through team events, and most importantly having fun.
The Interview Process:
- Stage 1: A 30-minute Google Meets video call with our VP of People & Experience
- Stage 2: A 45-minute in-person whiteboarding session
- Stage 3: A 45-minute Google Meets video call with members of the People & Leadership team
- Stage 4: A 60-minute case study presentation and discussion
- Stage 5: A 30-minute Google Meets video call with the CEO of Relay
Research shows that women-identifying and other marginalized individuals tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications; if you don't have all the listed qualifications, we encourage you to apply anyway!
What’s Important to Us:
At Relay, we believe that diversity is key to building high-performing teams, and creating an inclusive work environment is our priority. We are an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We will work with applicants to provide accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. If you require accommodations during the interview process, please email your People Team contact, and we will work with you to meet your needs.