Senior Talent Acquisition Partner
Software Engineering, People & HR
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
Our mission is to increase the success rate of small businesses. Traditional banking has been a growth limiter rather than a growth enabler for business owners, and we’re changing that. Relay is the all-in-one, collaborative money management platform. We’re building for employer SMBs and their finance function, internal and external, and are focused on delivering a human-centric customer experience. Ultimately, we help SMBs be ‘on the money'.
Our team is constantly growing and this means our Talent team is always on the lookout for exceptional people to help Relay deliver. We are looking for a Senior Talent Acquisition Partner to help us scale our recruiting engine. This is a unique opportunity to join a startup and make an impact across all of our growing teams, own the recruiting process, deliver an exceptional candidate experience and improve process.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Own the full recruitment cycle from end to end, managing multiple roles across primarily technical departments such as Risk, Product, and Engineering
- Skilled in relationships, you will easily build rapport and partnerships across the business to deeply understand the needs of various teams
- You are adept with sourcing methods and tools, knowing how to attract and inspire candidates with a compelling narrative
- You know how to build a bond with candidates and bring them through a quality first candidate experience, expertly navigating to close
- You can advise and influence your partners across the business about market intelligence, candidate experience and skill, and when interview processes might need changing or adapting
- You understand a fast-paced and high-growth environment and know how to target candidates that would thrive in our setting
- A natural advocate for Relay, you will push our brand in the market through our employer brand strategy, attracting exceptional talent and building a compelling culture
- You are a builder; you'll contribute to our culture and elevate it through your constant investment in yourself and your career
Who You Are:
- You have 4+ years of recruitment experience in a fast-paced tech environment
- You have built your skills as a recruiter, ideally in an in-house startup setting (though we welcome agency applicants as well!)
- You have recruited for tough-to-fill roles for high-velocity environments and have gained unique insights from these searches
- You’re a talent generalist and enjoy hiring for a variety of different roles across technical teams
- You are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and the impact this has on both teams and culture
- You love sourcing for new talent and know how to craft outreach messages that will get prospective candidates excited by what we’re building
- You know how to build trusting relationships with leaders across the organization and keep them updated on their pipelines, candidates' feedback, and market trends
- You’re familiar with the talent market in Toronto and are comfortable making recommendations to hiring managers before launching a role to ensure we’re attracting the best talent
- You are naturally curious, not afraid to ask the tough questions and engage in discourse with candidates and our team
- You are resilient and adaptable; we are growing fast and with this comes constant change
- You want to make an impact on your immediate team, our brand, and our culture
- You have prior fintech experience
- You’re familiar with Lever
- You’ve joined a company at its early stages and have seen it through scale
Our Commitment To You:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity: every team member gets a piece of the pie.
- Comprehensive health benefits: we offer full health benefits + an HSA/WSA starting from day 1 so you get the coverage you need.
- Considerable vacation/end-of-year holiday shutdown: we take time off to reset and recharge so we come back better for our customers.
- Hybrid working environment: we love collaborating and connecting in office two times a week and offer bi-weekly catered lunches and a snack/beverage program for the days we’re in office. Don’t forget to bring in your furry friends!
- Personal and professional growth: support from leaders who care about your growth and success through regular feedback and coaching. Our goal is to make Relay a step-change career opportunity.
- Top-tier equipment: we’ll make sure you have everything you need to produce your best work.
- Team-first culture: we’re passionate about working collaboratively, bonding through team events, and most importantly having fun.
The Interview Process:
Stage 1: A 30-minute Google Meets video call with a member of the Talent team
Stage 2: A 45-minute Google Meets video call with our Talent Lead
Stage 3: A take-home case study on how you would approach Talent Acquisition at Relay, followed by a 45-minute presentation of your solution to our Talent team
Stage 4: A 30-minute Google Meets video call with Relay’s CEO
Research shows that women-identifying and other marginalized individuals tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications; if you don't have all the listed qualifications, we encourage you to apply anyway!
What’s Important to Us:
At Relay, we believe that diversity is key to building high-performing teams, and creating an inclusive work environment is our priority. We are an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We will work with applicants to provide accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. If you require accommodations during the interview process, please email your People Team contact, and we will work with you to meet your needs.