Senior Product Manager
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, July 28, 2023
Our mission is to increase the success rate of small businesses. Traditional banking has been a growth limiter rather than a growth enabler for business owners, and we’re changing that. Relay is the all-in-one, collaborative money management platform. We’re building for employer SMBs and their finance function, internal and external, and are focused on delivering a human-centric customer experience. Ultimately, we help SMBs be ‘on the money'.
At Relay, our Product team is responsible for shaping our small business banking platform; we dive deep into the problems and pain points of our customers to marry their needs with those of our business and the capabilities of technology.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to play a key part in building not only the product but someone who will be a vital part of problem-solving for our customers. You will identify and scope the highest priority issues to tackle and work with our designers and engineers to ideate, design, and deliver exceptional product experiences. At Relay, we are a hybrid environment and we choose to collaborate in the office twice a week.
What You'll be Doing:
- Contribute to the planning, development, and launch of new initiatives
- Interview our customers 1-on-1 to deeply understand their needs, their pain points; identifying product opportunities
- Build systems for rolling out new products and features
- Analyze product and business data to identify opportunities and prioritize features to launch
- Own a roadmap with your team of engineers to ensure we deliver successfully against goals
- Elevate the Product Management practice at Relay, building an inclusive and supportive team culture
Who You Are:
- You have at least 4+ years of product management experience in a fast-paced environment
- You're a maker and a builder; you can show us things you've written, designed, or ideally, built
- Your work experience shows a history of excellence and impact
- You’re excited by the idea of talking directly with customers and deeply understanding their problems to craft solutions
- You're data-obsessed and know how to turn data into insights using tools like Excel, SQL, Looker, Metabase, etc.
- You care deeply about small businesses and their owners/operators
- You have a bias for action and find creative ways to get difficult things done
- You communicate clearly and concisely, both visually and in writing
- You have thoughtful communications skills, with experience managing a variety of stakeholders
- You're familiar with Figma or other design tools
- You have experience working in financial products & services ideally at a startup or high-growth environment
- You have a deep understanding of small businesses and their owners/operators
Our Commitment To You:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity: every team member gets a piece of the pie.
- Comprehensive health benefits: we offer full health benefits + an HSA/WSA starting from day 1 so you get the coverage you need.
- Considerable vacation/end-of-year holiday shutdown: we take time off to reset and recharge so we come back better for our customers.
- Hybrid working environment: we love collaborating and connecting in office two times a week and offer bi-weekly catered lunches and a snack/beverage program for the days we’re in office
- Personal and professional growth: support from leaders who care about your growth and success through regular feedback and coaching. Our goal is to make Relay a step-change career opportunity.
- Top-tier equipment: we’ll make sure you have everything you need to produce your best work.
- Team-first culture: we’re passionate about working collaboratively, bonding through team events, and most importantly having fun.
Research shows that women-identifying and other marginalized individuals tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications; if you don't have all the listed qualifications, we encourage you to apply anyway!
The Interview Process:
- Stage 1: A 30-minute Google Meets video call with a member of the People Team
- Stage 2: A 60-minute Google Meets video call with a Senior Product Manager
- Stage 3: A take-home case study on how you would approach solving a customer problem at Relay, followed by a 1-hour presentation of your solution to product & engineering leadership
- Stage 4: A 30-minute Google Meets video call with Relay’s CEO
What’s Important to Us:
At Relay, we believe that diversity is key to building high-performing teams, and creating an inclusive work environment is our priority. We are an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We will work with applicants to provide accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. If you require accommodations during the interview process, please email your People Team contact, and we will work with you to meet your needs.