Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Saturday, January 28, 2023
Our mission is to increase the success rate of small businesses. Traditional banking has been a growth limiter rather than a growth enabler for business owners, and we’re changing that. Relay is the all-in-one, collaborative money management platform. We’re building for employer SMBs and their finance function, internal and external, and are focused on delivering a human-centric customer experience. Ultimately, we help SMBs be ‘on the money'.
We’re looking for an Events Manager to join Relay’s Marketing Team. The Marketing team plays a critical role in driving awareness and acquisition of new Relay customers. You’ll get the opportunity to work with a group of dedicated, creative and passionate individuals who thrive on seeing the impact Relay has on small businesses.
In this role, you will create impact for Relay by scaling our SMB event channel across key SMB industry communities. Currently, this channel involves entering communities in key industries via in-person events to raise awareness of Relay and support overall company growth goals. It is a promising part of our overall marketing growth strategy and is expected to contribute in a meaningful way to our funnel across awareness, consideration, acquisition and advocacy. You will be responsible for the strategy, execution and reporting for external events and activations. Your self-starter attitude, superior problem-solving talents and creativity will play a vital role in making Relay’s brand resonate for our prospective and existing customers while contributing directly to our growth goals.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Develop and execute an SMB events strategy to drive brand awareness and SMB acquisition
- Build deep, trusted relationships with leaders and influencers in industry segments by cementing Relay as the best business banking solution for their communities, in their online courses, as a sponsor at in-person events, and through content activations
- Secure and attend 2-4 in-person event sponsorships a month and 4-6 virtual activations a week
- Grow our SMB acquisition via this channel by 1.5x
- Be a champion of our brand in our SMB communities
- Analyze and report on the performance of activations while making continuous improvements to outcomes
- Collaborate across the Marketing Team to develop assets needed to execute on sponsorships
- Successfully manage concurrent timelines and budgets with ease
- Frequent travel to the United States for in-person events, trade shows, conferences, and meetups
Who You Are:
- You have 3+ years of experience working in event marketing with increasing levels of ownership
- You are eager to deliver actionable outcomes and find creative solutions to complex initiatives
- You have thoughtful communication skills and experience managing a variety of stakeholders across different teams
- You are a team player; inspiring candor and trust while working cross-functionally across our teams
- You have a proven ability to prioritize tasks that maximize your impact while working independently
- You love working with marketing CRM and reporting tools (ie. Salesforce, Iterable, etc.)
- You care deeply about small businesses and their owners/operators
- You live in Toronto or the GTA; we work in the office two days a week!
- You have an affinity for traveling and are eager to work events in different cities within the United States
- You have managed influencers or content creators
- You have experience and enjoy public speaking
- You have prior tech start-up experience and have thrived in a fast-paced environment
Our Commitment To You:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity: every team member gets a piece of the pie.
- Comprehensive health benefits: we offer full health benefits + an HSA/WSA starting from day 1 so you get the coverage you need.
- Considerable vacation/end-of-year holiday shutdown: we take time off to reset and recharge so we come back better for our customers.
- Hybrid working environment: we love collaborating and connecting in office two times a week and offer bi-weekly catered lunches and a snack/beverage program for the days we’re in office
- Personal and professional growth: support from leaders who care about your growth and success through regular feedback and coaching. Our goal is to make Relay a step-change career opportunity.
- Top-tier equipment: we’ll make sure you have everything you need to produce your best work.
- Team-first culture: we’re passionate about working collaboratively, bonding through team events, and most importantly having fun.
The Interview Process:
- Stage 1: A 30-minute Google Meets video call with a member of the People Team
- Stage 2: A 45-minute Google Meets video call with the Director of Brand
- Stage 3: A take-home case study + writing sample on how you would build an event planning strategy, followed by a 1 hour presentation of your solution to our Marketing team
- Stage 4: A 1-hour Google Meets video call with the CEO of Relay
Research shows that women-identifying and other marginalized individuals tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications; if you don't have all the listed qualifications, we encourage you to apply anyway!
What’s Important to Us:
At Relay, we believe that diversity is key to building high-performing teams, and creating an inclusive work environment is our priority. We are an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We will work with applicants to provide accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. If you require accommodations during the interview process, please email your People Team contact, and we will work with you to meet your needs.
See more open positions at Relay
Something looks off?