Junior Tax Associate
Collective is on a mission to redefine the way businesses-of-one work. Collective’s technology and team of trusted advisors enables our members to achieve financial independence by taking care of everything from business incorporation to accounting, bookkeeping, tax services and access to a thriving community, all in one integrated platform. We believe in empowering self-employed people to enjoy the same tax savings that big companies get.
Featured in Forbes, Business Insider, Yahoo, Bloomberg, Financial Times, Techcrunch and more. We’re backed by General Catalyst, Sound Ventures (Ashton Kutcher and Guy Oseary), QED Investors, Google’s Gradient Ventures, Expa and prominent investors who have financed and built iconic companies like YouTube, Substack, Twitch, Box, Hims, Instacart, Lyft, and more.
About the Role:
A Junior Tax Associate ensures that the members of Collective can easily and accurately file their business and individual tax returns. They handle everything from analyzing financial records and researching uncommon tax issues to completing forms on behalf of members, allowing Collective to provide exceptional service to its members.
To be successful as a Junior Tax Associate, you should be able to ensure that clients comply with IRS regulations and work to minimize their tax liabilities.
- Organizing and analyzing clients’ financial information
- Taking advantage of opportunities to minimize tax liability through deductions
- Preparing necessary forms for filing taxes - 1040 and 1120S
- Keeping abreast of current IRS and state and local tax rules and regulations and ensuring full compliance
- Create additional documentation when necessary, including tax forecasting reports for internal review
- Collaborate with team members in communicating tax strategies to co-workers in other departments
- Maintain accurate database of tax records
- Remain up to date on industry developments
Required skills and qualifications:
- Associate’s degree (or equivalent) in accounting, finance, or related field
- One or more years of experience in tax preparation, finance, or accounting
- With knowledge of applicable US tax codes, laws, and regulations
- Experience in tracking and analyzing data using accounting software such as Microsoft Excel or Intuit QuickBooks Online, Xero, or Hurdlr cloud accounting software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to details
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and manage time effectively
- Exemplary finance-related skills and experience
What we offer in return
- 100% WFH (work from home)
- A diverse and collaborative team culture
- Competitive base salary
- Philippine holidays observed + 15 Annual Leave + 9 Sick Leave
- PC or Mac laptop + $USD400 home office budget
- General Wellness Bonus $600 annually
- Performance bonus (if applicable)
- Team events, virtual gatherings
- Employee healthcare benefits
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Collective, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Collective is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Something looks off?