Collective is on a mission to redefine the way businesses-of-one work. Collective’s technology and team of trusted advisors enables our members to achieve financial independence by taking care of everything from business incorporation to accounting, bookkeeping, tax services and access to a thriving community, all in one integrated platform. We believe in empowering self-employed people to enjoy the same tax savings that big companies get.
Featured in Forbes, Business Insider, Yahoo, Bloomberg, Financial Times, Techcrunch and more. We’re backed by General Catalyst, Sound Ventures (Ashton Kutcher and Guy Oseary), QED Investors, Google’s Gradient Ventures, Expa and prominent investors who have financed and built iconic companies like YouTube, Substack, Twitch, Box, Hims, Instacart, Lyft, and more.
About the role:
Nearly 20,000 amazing founders have applied for membership since we first launched and our revenue has grown 8x. Most importantly, we have saved our average member over $16,000 annually in taxes.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and talented Software Engineer to join our passionate and dedicated team.
As a Software Engineer, you will:
- Be part of a small team, with a large amount of ownership and responsibility for managing things directly
- Work closely with product managers, other teams, and both internal and external stakeholders, owning a large part of the process from problem understanding to shipping the solution
- Ship high business impact solutions with a sense of urgency and speed
- Participate in technical design and code reviews
- Lead engineering discussions and mentor others on engineering best practices
You'll be a great addition to the team if you have:
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or another technical field
- 3+ years of experience working in a Software Engineering role
- Strong foundation in programming, algorithms, and software application design
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Have a good understanding and experience with backend API and database design
- Passionate about solving challenging problems and iterating quickly
- Enjoy working with customers and partners in solving problems and providing value
- A team player, effective communicator with strong work sense of ownership
- Previous experience with financial product is a plus
Why work with us:
- Collective is the first online back office platform designed for Businesses-of-One
- Tax is a very challenging space and you will grow fast
- We were backed by top tier VCs
- We promote open and transparent culture within the company
- We’re fast-paced and you learn every day
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Collective, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Collective is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.