US Accountant - Onboarding
Collective is on a mission to redefine the way businesses-of-one work. Collective’s technology and team of trusted advisors enables our members to achieve financial independence by taking care of everything from business incorporation to accounting, bookkeeping, tax services and access to a thriving community, all in one integrated platform. We believe in empowering self-employed people to enjoy the same tax savings that big companies get.
Featured in Forbes, Business Insider, Yahoo, Bloomberg, Financial Times, Techcrunch and more. We’re backed by General Catalyst, Sound Ventures (Ashton Kutcher and Guy Oseary), QED Investors, Google’s Gradient Ventures, Expa and prominent investors who have financed and built iconic companies like YouTube, Substack, Twitch, Box, Hims, Instacart, Lyft, and more.
- Conduct 5+ hours worth of face-to-face Zoom meetings with members in the United States.
- Explain, in detail, both US Accounting concepts as well as Collective software and services.
- Focus an additional 2-3 hours/day on troubleshooting members’ software and process issues, submitting engineering tickets, collaborating with other departments, and solo preparation work.
- Learn multiple software platforms in order to independently work on Zoom with members.
- Use your 5+ years of accounting expertise to create Profit and Loss reports for members who come to you with mixed business and personal accounts.
- Help members run first payroll and understand payroll taxes.
- Breakdown complex technical topics in layman terms for our members.
- Calm, inform, and delight members with your knowledge and human centered approach.
- Write help center articles, create loom videos, whatever it takes to provide proactive top tier training.
- Passion for supporting entrepreneurs and the self-employed.
- Help automate manual workflows to eliminate repetitive tasks currently performed on 1:1 Zoom calls.
- Collaborate with internal Product and Engineering teams.
- Effortlessly switch between repetitive tasks and complex analysis.
What we want you to bring:
- Exceptional communication in English - both verbal and written.
- Your passion for helping our members and your ability to thrive in a customer centric role.
- Minimum 5+ years experience in accounting, creating profit and loss statements
- Xero, Gusto, or equivalent accounting and payroll software.
- Customer service oriented, attention to detail, ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Write and talk like a seasoned professional.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Experience working with cross functional teams.
What we offer in return
- 100% WFH (work from home)
- A diverse and collaborative team culture
- Competitive base salary
- Philippine holidays observed + 10 Annual Leave + 5 Sick Leave
- PC or Mac laptop + Php 21,700 home office budget
- Performance bonus (if applicable)
- Team events, virtual gatherings.
- Professional development courses available for CPAs and Enrolled Agents.
- Employee healthcare benefits
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Collective, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Collective is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.