Customer Success Associate
About the Opportunity
At Settle, we're dedicated to fueling the success of small and mid-size businesses in the CPG industry through effective cash flow management. We're seeking a Customer Success Associate to be a vital part of our team. If you're an energetic, results-driven professional with a deep customer focus, we look forward to hearing from you.
In our dynamic, small team with ambitious goals, you'll excel with strong customer relationship and account management skills. We're looking for someone who proactively identifies opportunities and devises innovative strategies to elevate our customer service. You should thrive on understanding our clients' needs and contributing to product development. Adaptability is key, as we embrace a culture of continuous learning, growth, experimentation, and agility.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Manage and help grow a portfolio of small and mid-sized businesses: Oversee a portfolio of SMBs with a focus on reducing churn, uncovering revenue opportunities, and ensuring customer success.
- Listen to customer needs and problem-solve: Engage with customers to understand their challenges and facilitate their success by leveraging Settle's Working Capital and Bill Pay Solutions.
- Facilitate regular customer engagement: Coordinate customer check-ins, including quarterly business reviews, credit meetings, and product feedback sessions.
- Proactively engage with customers: Initiate proactive communication to monitor and support their business objectives, achievements, and significant milestones.
- Collect and provide competitive insights: Gather regular customer feedback to deliver valuable competitive insights to product and engineering teams.
- Stay updated on product knowledge: Maintain expertise on the latest features, products, and best practices across our suite of offerings.
- Collaborate with the Credit team: Work closely with our Credit team to effectively manage our existing working capital portfolio.
- Work closely with sales counterparts: Work with the sales team to ensure a smooth transition for customers.
- Record customer interactions in Salesforce CRM: Maintain comprehensive records of customer interactions and communications within Salesforce CRM.
- Be a connector: Match customers to opportunities with internal stakeholders from partnerships, marketing, product, and more.
What Sets You Apart
- You have 3-5 years previous experience in customer success or account management, preferably in the fintech or credit industry.
- You are a customer champion with a demonstrated commitment to exceeding expectations and consistently going the extra mile to advocate for customers.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills, ensuring seamless interactions with customers and internal teams.
- You’re level-headed when working through challenging customer situations and resolving escalated issues to ensure customer satisfaction.
- You can move quickly and learn new things in a fast-paced environment.
- You work well independently, being able to prioritize your day and workload for success, while also working great within a team environment.
- You're comfortable navigating through internal change management.
- You can work cross functionally, including partnering with operations, data, engineering, legal, and capital markets stakeholders.
- You’re a team player, willing to jump in and support members of the wider customer success, support, and business operations team.
- You’re versed in Google Suite and Salesforce and knowledgeable with other CS-related software such as Notion, Chorus, Intercom, and/or Metabase.
- You’re able to create reports and consolidate data to provide customers or internal stakeholders.
This role has an annual starting salary range of $85,000 - $105,000 + variable comp + equity + benefits. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to your individual skills and experience.
Who We Are
Settle is a FinTech company on a mission to help businesses thrive by taking the worry out of cash flow management. We’re building software making it super easy for finance teams to track, pay, and reconcile invoices. We pair that with lending products to offer our customers the power and flexibility to choose who, when, and how to pay their customers.
Our small but growing team was founded in San Francisco along with an engineering hub in Lviv, Ukraine. We’re building a fully distributed team and support you working from wherever you are. We're well funded (Series-B) with backing by Ribbit, Stripes, Kleiner Perkins, Founder’s Fund, SciFi Ventures, and others. Our benefits are competitive, our time off is flexible, and our compensation packages include equity.
Our Commitment to You
At Settle we know that cultivating diversity and fostering an inclusive work environment is critical to our impact and success. We create an environment where no individual is advantaged or disadvantaged because of their background. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
With a commitment to maintaining a bias-free environment in which harassment is prohibited, we respect cultural diversity and comply with the laws of the places in which we operate. We expect our business partners, suppliers, clients, and all of our team members to uphold these commitments.