Director of Credit
About the Opportunity
Settle is looking for a thoughtful and articulate Director of Credit to join our team and report to the CEO. Our small team has big plans, therefore this person needs to have strong financial analysis and loan structuring skills, and also have the ability to help build out our credit processes and procedures. You understand complex business models, supply chains, capitalization/financing structures, and have a strong understanding of the commercial lending landscape. You’re someone who gets excited about understanding our clients' businesses and helping to build a product that works for them.You’ll be part of an environment that encourages learning, growth, experimentation and speed.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- You’ll assess and structure new loan opportunities, partnering with our sales and operations teams in closing prospective clients
- You’ll be responsible for managing the composition of our existing loan portfolio; including building out portfolio management tools, knowing when to exit risky relationships, and owning various product/pricing campaigns
- You’ll manage delinquent loans and collections, navigating revised payment structures and/or legal strategies (including litigation)
- You’ll be the primary point of contact for all credit decisions, including how data and engineering projects will impact credit risk
- You’ll work closely with management to build and implement new processes and products
What Sets You Apart
- You’ve worked in commercial underwriting for 6-8 years
- You have formal credit training, having worked at a bank, financial institution, or fintech
- You have experience underwriting asset-based loans, term loans, factoring facilities, merchant cash advances, credit cards, or other loan products
- You have managed a team before and work well cross functionally, including partnering with operations, data, engineering, legal, and capital markets stakeholders
- You are experienced in Excel, Word, PowerPoint; SQL experience is a plus
- You are commercial in nature and can juggle risk mitigation with growth
- You’re articulate, a self-starter, and a detail oriented, go-getter
This role has an annual starting salary range of $150,000 - $220,000 + equity + benefits. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to your individual skills and experience.
Who We Are
Settle is a FinTech company on a mission to help businesses thrive by taking the worry out of cash flow management. We’re building software making it super easy for finance teams to track, pay, and reconcile invoices. We pair that with lending products to offer our customers the power and flexibility to choose who, when, and how to pay their customers.
Our small but growing team was founded in San Francisco along with an engineering hub in Lviv, Ukraine. We’re building a fully distributed team and support you working from wherever you are. We're well funded (Series-B) with backing by Ribbit, Stripes, Kleiner Perkins, Founder’s Fund, SciFi Ventures, and others. Our benefits are competitive, our time off is flexible, and our compensation packages include equity.
Our Commitment to You
At Settle we know that cultivating diversity and fostering an inclusive work environment is critical to our impact and success. We create an environment where no individual is advantaged or disadvantaged because of their background. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
With a commitment to maintaining a bias-free environment in which harassment is prohibited, we respect cultural diversity and comply with the laws of the places in which we operate. We expect our business partners, suppliers, clients, and all of our team members to uphold these commitments.