We are looking for a Technical Writer to join our early-stage FinTech!
Who we are
At Paytrix, our mission is to redefine global payments for online businesses, helping them to thrive in the digital economy.
We are building the world’s first regulated payments curation layer. By consolidating best-in-class payments infrastructure under our ecosystem, we will enable marketplaces and eCommerce brands to scale their payments operations smoothly around the world.
This funding will allow us to accelerate product development and hiring. Helping us get one step closer to completing our mission of enabling businesses to scale smoothly without being hindered by complex, painful payments processes.
We are building a workplace that encourages growth, development, and fun. Working in a startup can be both rewarding and challenging, we’ll be with you throughout the highs and lows as one team.
Our goal is to make the complex - simple, messy - clean, and global scale accessible to every brand and platform. How we move money is changing at an unprecedented rate, and a digital revolution is happening now. Do you want to just watch it? Or are you going to seize on the opportunity to help drive it?
At the intersection of fiat, crypto, Decentralised Finance (DeFi), non-traditional forms of transfer of value, and Government regulations exists a very difficult problem to solve: How to make it all work -at a global scale-, in a seamless, safe, legal, fair and private way? That’s what Paytrix has set out to address through a combination of global partnerships with tier one organisations, streamlined commercial and legal agreements, and truly progressive technology.
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about technology and skilled at translating complex concepts into simple and understandable language. Someone who has a demonstrable experience in creating engaging copywrite of technical concepts for Developer-centric information websites.
In this role, you will work closely with our Product and Development teams to understand the technical details of the platform and create user-friendly documentation that explains how to use its features and functions. You will be responsible for producing high-quality content, including user guides, technical specifications, API documentation, and other technical documents whilst keeping high standards with regards to grammar, style, and accuracy.
To be successful in this role, you
- Must have 3+ years of experience in technical writing, preferably in a FinTech or SaaS environment, and have a portfolio of projects you can showcase during the interview process.
- Must have a solid understanding of technical terms and concepts like APIs, Cloud platforms, JSON, REST, etc.
- Must be at Proficient English User (C2) level as defined by the CEFR standard or similar (e.g. Cambridge English Proficiency, BULATS score 90-100 or IELTS exam 8-9).
- Should have experience in Minimalism and Structured Authoring for content creation and organisation
- Should prefer a User-Centred design approach
- Can help foster an environment of psychological safety that enables team members to thrive. This is very important to us, as we are a highly diverse group made up of people from many different ethnicities, religious beliefs and gender identities
- Could have experience in a regulated industry, ideally Payments
- Base salary of between £55,000 - £65,000 (depending on experience)
- You will enjoy 26 days annual leave (plus bank holidays and other leave)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Company Options Scheme
We are a remote first business however, most of our team comes into the office 1-2 days a week depending on their role for in person collaboration. Whoever takes on this role should be comfortable with commuting into our London office.
Paytrix does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Paytrix will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Paytrix on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.