Head of Customer Success
Coast is re-imagining the trillion-dollar U.S. B2B card payments infrastructure, with a focus on the country’s 500,000 commercial fleets, 40 million commercial vehicles, and many million commercial drivers. The incumbent technologies that cater to these customers are decades old, and drivers and fleets increasingly demand modern digital experiences and affordable and transparent financial services products. Coast's mission is to deliver them at a transformational scale, beginning with the Coast Fleet and Fuel Card built on a cutting-edge spend management platform.
As our first Head of Customer Success, you will be a trusted advisor to our early customers, helping them succeed with our platform and ensuring they receive maximum value from our solution throughout their lifecycle. You’ll be responsible for understanding customer requirements, implementing and onboarding new customers, conducting product training, driving adoption and retention, and ensuring ongoing satisfaction.
- Act as “Head of” the Customer Success organization at Coast, overseeing the Onboarding, Account Management and Growth/Upsell functions for our customers
- Hire, train and onboard new Customer Success team members to Coast
- Help continue to develop and refine Coast’s customer onboarding, account management and upsell sales strategy and model, including driving further net positive NRR
- Help re-envision Coast’s CS hierarchy and structure, including leveling and advancement criteria
- Act as a liaison between Head of Customer Service to help define clean lines between servicing and success
- Provide analytical thought leadership for GTM teams, delivering actionable insights to establish strategic operational priorities.
- Work closely with Head of Sales and Revenue Operations Lead to establish the best automation and measurement practices to drive effective performance
- Develop processes, workflows, and incentive programs to help motivate teams and boost business performance.
- Develop monthly, quarterly and annual goals for teams and individuals, as well as action plans when required
- Work closely with Head of Growth Marketing and compliance leads to refine prospect messaging and communication framework to maximize prospect engagement and conversion
- 6+ years of experience in a B2B Customer Success Leadership position at a fast-growing startup
- An excellent “Coach” with a clear history of hiring, promoting and “managing out” CS and other sales talent
- Demonstrated experience in “upsell” and growth-focused CS environments
- Understanding of payments and charge card space preferred
- Creative problem solver with a “figure it out” mentality; keen business sense and ability to identify areas of opportunity, develop solutions, and execute with high degree of autonomy
- Expert-level knowledge of Salesforce and CRMs
- Strong familiarity with the general sales and marketing tech stack, including the use of software like Outreach
- Strong analytical, operational, problem solving, planning, time management, and project management foundation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills.
- Strong ability to work collaboratively and independently.
Critically, you must be practical and business-minded, smart and creative, and excited about the rewards and volatility of an early-stage venture-backed startup.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of our total compensation package that also includes benefits, signing bonus, and equity. Pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including scope and qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to other Coast employees. We expect the majority of the candidates who are offered roles at Coast to fall healthily within the range based on these factors.
- Salary range: $150,000 - $175,000 annually
- Performance bonus: $180,000 - $210,000 OTE
- Signing bonus
- Equity grant: commensurate with level determined at the discretion of the company, with meaningful potential upside given the company’s early stage
- Benefits overview:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited paid time off (vacation, personal well being, paid holidays)
- Paid parental leave
- $400 accessories allowance for home office setup to be spent on a keyboard, mouse, headphones, etc.
- Free lunch every Friday
Coast is re-imagining the trillion-dollar U.S. B2B card payments infrastructure, with a focus on the country’s 500,000 commercial fleets, 10 million commercial vehicles, and 4 million commercial drivers.
Coast is co-founded and led by Daniel Simon, who previously cofounded Bread (breadpayments.com), a leading payments and credit technology firm backed by some of the world’s top VCs which was acquired for $500MM+ in 2020.
Coast recently raised $27.5M in a Series A financing co-led by Accel and Insight Partners. We're also backed by top fintech and mobility venture funds – including Better Tomorrow Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, BoxGroup, Foundation Capital, Greycroft, and Colle – and premier angel investors – including Max Levchin (Affirm), Josh Abramowitz (Bread), Jason Gardner (Marqeta), William Hockey (Plaid), Ryan Petersen (Flexport), and many others.
Coast is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are building a diverse and inclusive environment, so we encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.