People Partner Lead
Administration, People & HR
New York, USA
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2024
We exist to accelerate innovation by increasing the number of successful startups in the world. We want to give more people the opportunity to participate in the venture economy by building the financial infrastructure that makes it possible for more people to invest in world changing startups, and build tools for startups that help them run their operations so they can focus on building.
AngelList is the nexus of venture capital and the startup community. We support over $14B+ in assets under management. We’ve driven capital to over 12,000 startups, almost 282 of which are unicorns. 57% of top-tier U.S. VC deals involve investors on AngelList.
While our scale is large, our ambitions are even larger – we’re innovating on the financial infrastructure for venture investors and the startups they invest in. Come build with us.
About the role:
At AngelList, we want to create a workplace where people will be empowered to do some of the most creative, impactful work of their careers while they are here. As our first dedicated People Partner, you will report into and partner closely with the Head of People to shape our People strategy and programming to enable our teams to produce outlier results.
You will be building the company’s formative learning, development, and manager training programs, and provide critical support as we expand the function to support our continued growth. You will work closely with managers and the AngelList executive team to provide insight and guidance on issues related to performance management, learning programs, manager training, organizational development, and employee relations. The company is readying itself for major growth in 2025 and beyond, and you will play a key role in building the infrastructure in preparation for that growth, working from our New York City office.
- Deeply understand our business to provide quality consultation that meets our teams’ needs.
- Drive our foundational HR processes (performance cycle, calibration and reviews, compensation, promotions, etc.)
- Develop and facilitate leadership and development programs, including actually-enjoyable manager training courses that build valuable skills and improve performance.
- Analyze people data to provide executives with recommendations to improve employee engagement and overall company health.
- Revamp and lead employee onboarding process.
- Participate in headcount planning, succession planning, collaborate on talent acquisition strategies, and evaluate organization structures to ensure future readiness.
- 8+ years experience building people programs and providing HR support at a high-growth startup
- Superb communication skills - written and verbal
- Based in, or willing to relocate to, New York City
- An ability to influence colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of various HR programs and best practices, including applicable laws and regulations
- Excellent project management skills and experience developing and rolling out new leadership programs
- A collaborative outlook and an ability to work cross-functionally across teams with ease
- (nice to have) Experience with the tools in our People tech stack: Charthop, Lattice, CultureAmp
- A deep love of startups (https://venturehacks.com/save-the-world)
If you don’t tick every box above, we’d still encourage you to apply. We’re building a diverse team whose skills balance and complement one another.
AngelList has offices in three hub cities: San Francisco, Seattle, and New York City. We’re focused on hiring within these hubs and people within 1 hour travel distance of the hub offices are expected to come into the office twice per week. From time to time, we will make rare exceptions for new hires if they need to be fully remote. For this role, the ideal candidate will be based out of, or willing to relocate to either New York City or San Francisco.
Benefits: We support our employees in their lives both inside and outside of work.
* See additional detail on our benefits here: https://angell.ist/venture-benefits
* Learn about our Funders & Founders Program here: https://join.angellist.com/
Learn more about what AngelList has accomplished by checking out some recent things we’ve published over the last six months: AngelList Year in Review 2022 (https://www.angellist.com/2022) and AngelList Confidential 2022 (https://angell.ist/ALC2022).
AngelList is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.