New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2023
We exist to accelerate innovation by increasing the number of successful startups in the world. We want to give more people the opportunity to participate in the venture economy by building the financial infrastructure that makes it possible for more people to invest in world changing startups, and build tools for startups that help them run their operations so they can focus on building.
AngelList is the nexus of venture capital and the startup community. We support over $14B+ in assets under management. We’ve driven capital to over 12,000 startups, almost 282 of which are unicorns. 57% of top-tier U.S. VC deals involve investors on AngelList.
While our scale is large, our ambitions are even larger – we’re innovating on the financial infrastructure for venture investors and the startups they invest in. Come build with us.
About the Role:
Venture Analysts are client-facing operators who play a key role in supporting AngelList’s long-tail customers. Externally, you will be a subject matter expert on Special Purpose Vehicles (SPVs) and small Venture Funds. Internally, you will manage customer requests, working with our tax, legal, operations and engineering teams. This is a fast-paced role with opportunity to collaborate with key players in the venture ecosystem.
The ideal candidate is an early career professional who is hungry to learn about venture operations in a high-stakes and product-driven environment. We’re looking for gritty self-starters who enjoy ambiguous challenges.
Please note, this is not an investing role.
Growth trajectory of an Analyst:
- 3 months: Ramp up on AngelList’s product offerings. Learn how to launch an SPV, deliver exceptional client experience, and drive investment closings with General Partners (GPs) and portfolio companies.
- 6 months: Rapidly troubleshoot GP pain points and innovate on internal processes. Collaborate with product, operations, and customer success teams to consistently surface new solutions for our clients.
- 9–12 months: Navigate both low-context situations and edge cases with ease. Serve as a pillar of knowledge for the team and create resources to scale and support the customer service organization. Ability to turn big picture ideas into tactical and scalable solutions.
Other characteristics of the ideal candidate:
- 0-2 years experience in a client-facing role, ideally within finance or fintech
- Superb attention to detail — you need to be able to catch the edge case every time
- Resourceful, ambitious, and a quick learner
- A deep love of startups and passion for understanding the infrastructure of venture finance
If you don’t tick every box above, we’d still encourage you to apply. We’re building a diverse team whose skills balance and complement one another.
AngelList has offices in three hub cities: San Francisco, Seattle, and New York City that you can choose to work from. We’re focused on hiring within these hubs and people within 1 hour travel distance of the hub offices are expected to come into the office twice per week. From time to time, we will make rare exceptions for new hires if they need to be fully remote.
Benefits: We support our employees in their lives both inside and outside of work.
* See additional detail on our benefits here: https://angell.ist/venture-benefits
* Learn about our Funders & Founders Program here: https://join.angellist.com/
Learn more about what AngelList has accomplished by checking out some recent things we’ve published over the last six months: AngelList Year in Review 2022 (https://www.angellist.com/2022) and AngelList Confidential 2022 (https://angell.ist/ALC2022).
AngelList is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.