San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2023
We exist to accelerate innovation by increasing the number of successful startups in the world. We want to give more people the opportunity to participate in the venture economy by building the financial infrastructure that makes it possible for more people to invest in world changing startups, and build tools for startups that help them run their operations so they can focus on building.
AngelList is the nexus of venture capital and the startup community. We support over $14B+ in assets under management. We’ve driven capital to over 12,000 startups, almost 282 of which are unicorns. 57% of top-tier U.S. VC deals involve investors on AngelList.
While our scale is large, our ambitions are even larger – we’re innovating on the financial infrastructure for venture investors and the startups they invest in. Come build with us.
About the Role:
Designers who work at AngelList are passionate about helping startups succeed. This is a rare opportunity to join the company at the nerve center of the startups ecosystem. By working at AngelList, you will gain an unparalleled education in both venture financing and founding a startup; we strive for every employee to be a customer through our Funders and Founders program.
The AngelList Design team works at the intersection of brand and product to create a consistent, engaging and empowering experience for both Founders and Investors. We minimize drag and churn by keeping teams as small as possible, built on mutual respect, high trust and low management. Designers and engineers take direct ownership of brand, product and marketing experiences, enabling small teams to define and ship projects without barriers. It is a rewarding environment where self-starters and driven individuals are able to learn, grow and thrive.
As a Brand Designer you will collaborate with a team of multifaceted designers, product leads, engineers, data scientists, business leads and other cross-functional team members to drive the evolution of the AngelList brand across all customer touch points. The Brand Design team is ultimately responsible for how AngelList shows up in the world. This includes everything from our website and social media to our product and events.
We design in the open, we are proactive with feedback and ideas and we embrace each other's unique talents and contributions. Each member of the AngelList Brand Design team is expected to contribute to the team’s collective output and to have a noticeable impact on the company’s business objectives. In this role you will have a voice and a say and you will be expected to make a difference.
- Be a cross-functional leader, iterating on the newly redesigned AngelList brand while helping define its evolution
- Learn the venture financing business inside-out
- Expertly leverage AL design and brand systems and works to improve them
- Can quickly complete design tasks and keep projects moving forward
- Alleviate risk by creating work grounded in principle when customer insights or data validation is not an option
- Contribute to project requirements and define project goals with your team
- Independently consult peers or teams for feedback, customer insights or data to move projects forward
- Proactively formulate ideas that contribute to roadmaps/strategy
- Be actively sought out to provide input toward core project initiatives
- Create smart, elegant, engaging and informative solutions to complex brand, marketing and communication problems
- Identify new opportunities for AngelList to connect with our customers across all segments and touch points
- Help create content for brand and marketing initiatives, including illustrations, infographics, editorial content and more
- Help drive the brand vision through design explorations, documentation and presentations, sometimes with little or no guidance from leadership
- Be a leading voice in charting the future of AngelList Design
- Be known to question and collaborate with project leadership and peers to help guide conversations and establish next steps
- Establish and implement a best-in-class brand system, in partnership with your peers, team members and design leadership
- Be a source of inspiration for both your immediate team and the broader company
- Proactively provide feedback and mentorship to other designers via design reviews, knowledge sharing or career guidance
- Be a voice in mapping the future of the AngelList brand
- Develop deep partnerships with cross-functional team members in order to come up with ideas that resonate with our customers and achieve our business goals
- Be comfortable working with engineers in technical environments, bringing a deep knowledge of both web and mobile client-side development processes
- Play an integral role in cross-functional strategic planning efforts to understand and bridge business priorities with design output
- Evangelize your work to a variety of audiences, contributing to company all-hands, executive presentations and company-wide meetings
- 8+ years of design experience within brand, marketing and digital design
- A strong point of view on design direction with an openness to new ideas
- Experience with prototyping and presenting design ideas to stakeholders and team members
- Mastered the core skills of design - pixel perfection, typography, layout, interaction and motion
- Ability to determine success criterion for your work without detailed project requirements
- Proven ability to work across multiple projects and handle multiple complex tasks at once
- Experience building, extending and working within a design system
- Ability and willingness to generate a number of competing ideas in the pursuit of the best possible solution
- Ability to leverage customer-centric insights to create work that meets business goals
- Proven track record of delivering beautiful and impactful design solutions that resonate with customers
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional leadership to build and implement strategic go-to-market plans
- Experience in improving team efficiency by improving processes and workflows
- Experience with product development processes and a high-level understanding of how product design and implementation works
- Composure in the face of ambiguity and an ability to effectively work with multiple leadership styles
- A passion for solving problems and making things better
- A growth mindset and comfort in regularly delivering and receiving peer feedback
- An optimistic outlook with a pragmatic work ethic
- A bias towards transparency and communication
- A generous dose of humility
- Empathy for the customer, your teammates and company mission
- A deep love for startups
If you don’t tick every box above, we’d still encourage you to apply. We’re building a diverse team whose skills balance and complement one another.
Remote-friendly culture: AngelList has offices in three hub cities: San Francisco, Seattle, and New York City that you can choose to work from. We have an incredibly remote-friendly culture with the vast majority of the team choosing to work remotely 3+ days of the week. You can choose how often you’d like to come into the office!
Benefits: We support our employees in their lives both inside and outside of work.
* See additional detail on our benefits here: https://angell.ist/venture-benefits
* Learn about our Funders & Founders Program here: https://join.angellist.com/
Learn more about what AngelList has accomplished by checking out some recent things we’ve published over the last six months: AngelList Year in Review 2022 (https://www.angellist.com/2022) and AngelList Confidential 2022 (https://angell.ist/ALC2022).
AngelList is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See more open positions at AngelList
Something looks off?