Head of Product
About the Opportunity
As Settle's Head of Product, you will drive our product vision, strategy, and growth. Come help us achieve our mission of empowering small businesses to take control of their cashflow! We're a technology company at the core and believe building the best product is what will drive our success. We are seeking a leader with strong product sense, and the ability to gather insights from data, customers, and internal stakeholders, and translate them into a compelling strategy and roadmap. You will collaborate with senior leaders, guide a team of talented PMs (2 onboard today), and ensure attention to detail and continuous improvement. Success in this role requires a data-driven approach, effective communication, and customer-centricity.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Set product strategy and direction
- Identify high-impact initiatives and drive them to completion
- Define and own key business metrics
- Build and optimize quarterly and long-term roadmaps
- Foster relationships across leadership, business, design, engineering, and external partners
- Recruit, manage, and mentor a high-performing team of product and program managers
- Prioritize user needs and ensure exceptional experiences
What Sets You Apart
- You know how to set direction and stick to it. You say no to many, often good, ideas in order to keep the team laser focused on the few key things that will accomplish the goals.
- You have a proven track record of launching successful products and features
- You have led B2B products and understand the domain and needs of SMB, CPG founders, e-commerce, fintech, and/or payments
- You're an excellent communicator and relationship-builder, effective at navigating the organization and working cross-functionally across departments
- You’re equally comfortable selling a vision, developing strategy, and digging into the weeds to unblock a key project
- You cultivate a collaborative and high-performance team culture
- You're dedicated to coaching and developing team members
- You posses strong prioritization skills for balancing quick wins and large-scale initiatives
- You take a data-driven approach to decision-making and evaluation
- You appreciate technical complexity (engineering degree/experience preferred but not required)
- You thrive in small, collaborative, and ambiguous environments
- You have 8+ years of product management experience, including 3+ years of direct management
This role has an annual starting salary range of $197,000 - $280,000 + equity + benefits. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to your individual skills and experience.
Who We Are
Settle is a FinTech company on a mission to help businesses thrive by taking the worry out of cash flow management. We’re building software making it super easy for e-comm teams to track inventory, place orders, make payments, and reconcile invoices. We pair that with lending products to offer our customers the power and flexibility to choose who, when, and how to pay their customers.
Our small but growing team was founded in San Francisco along with an engineering hub in Lviv, Ukraine. We’re building a fully distributed team and support you working from wherever you are. We're well funded (Series-B) with backing by Ribbit, Stripes, Kleiner Perkins, Founder’s Fund, SciFi Ventures, and others. Our benefits are competitive, our time off is flexible, and our compensation packages include equity.
Our Commitment to You
At Settle we know that cultivating diversity and fostering an inclusive work environment is critical to our impact and success. We create an environment where no individual is advantaged or disadvantaged because of their background. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
With a commitment to maintaining a bias-free environment in which harassment is prohibited, we respect cultural diversity and comply with the laws of the places in which we operate. We expect our business partners, suppliers, clients, and all of our team members to uphold these commitments.