Marketing & Communications, IT
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2023
Our mission is to increase the success rate of small businesses. Traditional banking has been a growth limiter rather than a growth enabler for business owners, and we’re changing that. Relay is the all-in-one, collaborative money management platform. We’re building for employer SMBs and their finance function, internal and external, and are focused on delivering a human-centric customer experience. Ultimately, we help SMBs be ‘on the money'.
Reporting to the Director, Growth Marketing, we’re looking for a Marketing Analyst to lead analytical initiatives designed to advance the growth and efficiency of Relay’s Marketing team. You will ensure that the Marketing team has all the insights they need to make the best decisions to optimize current acquisition and optimization strategies while testing new ones.
Joining Relay means being the owner of marketing analytics on a growing team. You’ll be setting the direction of our data strategy to drive insights that move core company metrics. The ideal candidate for this role is someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and can manage several complex projects across different teams and timelines.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Collaborate with Relay’s Marketing team to develop and execute on our marketing analytics strategy
- Plan, build and measure channel performance with a thorough attribution analysis built for both online and offline channels
- Create, monitor and own marketing metrics and reporting (e.g. CAC, ROI, retention, LTV) by key channels
- Develop, communicate and present the results of the digital marketing insights to cross-functional stakeholders
- Work with other Data Analysts across the organization to define best practices and share knowledge between teams
- Own the design and build of marketing analytics data, reports and dashboards
- Support experimentation initiatives by providing recommendations and requirements for various testing methodologies (e.g. multivariate tests, pre and post life tests)
- Research and be on top of industry trends for the shifting landscape of attribution tracking, media mix modeling and predictive modeling
Who You Are:
- You have 2+ years of experience in data analytics in a fast-paced environment
- You have a background in marketing analytics with experience measuring campaign and channel effectiveness (SaaS experience is considered an asset)
- You have advanced SQL programming skills and an understanding of complex relational databases
- You love using data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Metabase, Looker); comfortable transforming data into actionable insights
- You know your way around Google Sheets/MS Excel
- You have experience or familiarity working with lifecycle marketing and business intelligence tools (e.g. Segment, Iterable, Looker, Tableau, Sisense)
- You have strong quantitative skills and an eagerness to learn and use analytical methods and quantitative analysis techniques
- You are passionate about using data for storytelling and conveying complex information into simple, clear and compelling insights that drive action
- You’re curious about marketing and invested in defining the Marketing Analytics team
- You are a strong communicator with the ability to work collaboratively across multiple teams
- You live in Toronto or the GTA; we work in the office two days a week!
- You have B2C experience
- You have experience working directly on a Marketing team
- You have knowledge of fundamental data science methods (e.g. regression, survival analysis, segmentation, experimentation and machine learning)
- You have experience with media mix modeling and marketing budget optimization techniques
- You have experience with high-velocity consumer and/or SMB markets; marketing FinTech customer products; consumption and subscription-based business models
Research shows that women-identifying and other marginalized individuals tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications; if you don't have all the listed qualifications, we encourage you to apply anyway!
Our Commitment To You:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity: every team member gets a piece of the pie.
- Comprehensive health benefits: we offer full health benefits + an HSA/WSA starting from day 1 so you get the coverage you need.
- Considerable vacation/end-of-year holiday shutdown: we take time off to reset and recharge so we come back better for our customers.
- Hybrid working environment: we love collaborating and connecting in office two times a week and offer bi-weekly catered lunches and a snack/beverage program for the days we’re in office.
- Personal and professional growth: support from leaders who care about your growth and success through regular feedback and coaching. Our goal is to make Relay a step-change career opportunity.
- Top-tier equipment: we’ll make sure you have everything you need to produce your best work.
- Team-first culture: we’re passionate about working collaboratively, bonding through team events, and most importantly having fun.
The Interview Process:
- Stage 1: A 30-minute Google Meets video call with a member of the Talent team
- Stage 2: SQL test
- Stage 3: A 45-minute Google Meets video call with the Director, Growth Marketing
- Stage 4: A take-home case study followed by a 1-hour presentation of your solution to our Marketing team
- Stage 5: A 30-minute Google Meets video call with Relay’s CEO
What’s Important to Us:
At Relay, we believe that diversity is key to building high-performing teams, and creating an inclusive work environment is our priority. We are an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We will work with applicants to provide accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. If you require accommodations during the interview process, please email your People Team contact, and we will work with you to meet your needs.