Senior Manager, Risk Operations
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2023
Our mission is to increase the success rate of small businesses. Traditional banking has been a growth limiter rather than a growth enabler for business owners, and we’re changing that. Relay is the all-in-one, collaborative money management platform. We’re building for employer SMBs and their finance function, internal and external, and are focused on delivering a human-centric customer experience. Ultimately, we help SMBs be ‘on the money'.
Relay is entering an exciting new chapter of growth! We’re looking for an experienced and data-driven leader, to help lead our Risk Team as Senior Manager, Risk Operations. This person will have an instrumental impact on our business by protecting Relay and our customers against potential fraud. You'll have the opportunity to establish best practices, implement new processes, and coach a high-performing team of Risk Analysts. If you are looking to contribute your experience and skills in a fast-growing startup; we want to hear from you!
What You'll Be Doing:
- Work with the risk leadership team to redesign the onboarding and risk monitoring process
- Grow, train, and develop a high-performing risk team and support their growth and professional development
- Conduct in-depth analysis of suspected fraud cases and provide clear recommendations
- Resolve fraud cases and interact with customers to validate information and authorizations as needed
- Partner with the leadership team to perform detailed analysis and report on risk and business implications to ensure we are responding in the most critical way
- Champion ongoing learning and continuous improvement across your team and our business; provide support, education, and training to different teams to build risk awareness within the organization
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (Operations, Customer Experience, Marketing, etc.) to ensure risk considerations are integrated into every aspect of our product
Who You Are:
- You have 3+ years of experience managing a fraud/risk team and 7+ years of experience in fraud/risk management
- You are adept with technical tools, you feel comfortable learning and exploring new software and making recommendations that will elevate our service
- You have strong analytical and quantitative skills and enjoy using data to back up assumptions and make recommendations that drive decision making
- You love contributing to the development of a risk function, which may include things like process improvements, documentation, and developing standardized procedures
- You’re a natural leader and have the ability to motivate and inspire others to unlock their greatest potential while employing empathy, trust, and understanding to your team
- You are an energetic and results-oriented person, committed to adding value to our business and inspire this same ethos with your team
- You're highly collaborative and know how to connect the dots between teams, and manage cross-functional initiatives
- You're adaptable and can rise to a challenge and handle change and uncertainty at times - we are a startup after all!
- You’ve joined a company at its early stages and have seen it through scale
- You have experience working in a fintech startup
Research shows that women-identifying and other marginalized individuals tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications. If you don't have all the listed qualifications, we encourage you to apply anyway, and together we'll figure out if this is the best role for you!
Our Commitment to you:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity: every team member gets a piece of the pie.
- Comprehensive health benefits: we offer full health benefits + an HSA/WSA starting from day 1 so you get the coverage you need.
- Considerable vacation/end-of-year holiday shutdown: we take time off to reset and recharge so we come back better for our customers.
- Personal and professional growth: support from leaders who care about your growth and success through regular feedback and coaching. Our goal is to make Relay a step-change career opportunity.
- Top-tier equipment: we’ll make sure you have everything you need to produce your best work.
- Team-first culture: we’re passionate about working collaboratively, bonding through team events, and most importantly having fun.
What’s Important to Us:
At Relay, we believe that diversity is key to building high-performing teams, and creating an inclusive work environment is our priority. We are an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We will work with applicants to provide accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. If you require accommodations during the interview process, please email your People Team contact, and we will work with you to meet your needs.
See more open positions at Relay
Something looks off?