Middle Backend Developer
We are looking for a Mid Back-End Engineer to join our early-stage FinTech!
At Paytrix, our mission is to redefine global payments for online businesses, helping them to thrive in the digital economy. As one of our Back-End Engineers, you will be central to helping shape the technical platform and building a resilient, high-performing and diverse team.
Who we are
We are building the world’s first regulated payments curation layer. By consolidating best in class payments infrastructure under our ecosystem, we will enable marketplaces and eCommerce brands to scale their payments operations smoothly around the world.
We’ve just closed our Series A funding round, led by Unusual Ventures alongside Motive Ventures and Bain Capital Ventures.
This funding will allow us to accelerate product development and hiring. Helping us get one step closer to completing our mission of enabling businesses to scale smoothly without being hindered by complex, painful payments processes.
We are building a workplace that encourages growth, development, and fun. Working in a startup can be both rewarding and challenging, we’ll be with you throughout the highs and lows as one team.
Our goal is to make the complex - simple, the messy - clean, and global scale accessible to every brand and platform. How we move money is changing at an unprecedented rate, and a digital revolution is happening now. Do you want to just watch? Or are you going to seize on the opportunity to help drive it?
At the intersection of fiat, crypto, Decentralised Finance (DeFi), non-traditional forms of transfer of value, and Government regulations exists a very difficult problem to solve: How to make it all work -at a global scale-, in a seamless, safe, legal, fair and private way? That’s what Paytrix has set out to address through a combination of global partnerships with tier one organisations, streamlined commercial and legal agreements, and truly progressive technology.
We are looking for a relentlessly driven and intellectually curious individual to join our back-end team. Although your primary responsibility will be to focus on the back-end logic, you are most likely a full-stack technologist who spends time writing code, driving technical discussions/decisions and actively guiding architecture, tool choices and internal technical quality. We are deploying to K8S with ArgoCD on AWS but remain somewhat cloud agnostic as we are pursuing a multi-cloud strategy.
To be successful in this role, you:
- Have a broad set of expertise and experience on various technical matters and in particular with designing, developing and deploying API-first cloud-native systems.
- Are familiar with the 12 Factor App methodology and may even have formulated your own additional factors!
- Are highly proficient in Java (language, data structures and algorithms), Spring Boot, and Spring Cloud, and have extensively used WebFlux or other reactive frameworks, alongside the usual cloud resilience patterns.
- Can co-create an environment of psychological safety that enables team members to thrive. This is very important to us, as we are a highly diverse group made up of people from many different ethnicities, religious beliefs and gender identities.
- Have some experience in Payments or a FinTech business.
- Have a very good level of English - written and spoken
- Annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Private Medical Care
- Company Options Scheme
Paytrix does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Paytrix will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to the specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Paytrix on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.
Something looks off?