We are looking for an Accounts Analyst to join our fast-growing FinTech!
At Paytrix, our mission is to redefine global payments for online businesses, helping them to thrive in the digital economy. You will have the unique opportunity to help us by making a true impact on the future of the business, and the future of global payments.
Who we are
We are building the world’s first regulated payments curation layer. By consolidating best-in-class payments infrastructure under our ecosystem, we will enable marketplaces and eCommerce brands to scale their payments operations smoothly around the world.
We’ve just closed our Series A funding round, led by Unusual Ventures alongside Motive Ventures and Bain Capital Ventures.
This funding will allow us to accelerate product development and hiring. Helping us get one step closer to completing our mission of enabling businesses to scale smoothly without being hindered by complex, painful payments processes.
We are building a workplace that encourages growth, development, and fun. Working in a startup can be both rewarding and challenging, we’ll be with you throughout the highs and lows as one team.
- Accounts analyst is responsible for managing Paytrix payables process, ensuring timely and accurate payment of supplier invoices and employees expenses. This position will work closely with other departments to resolve any issues or discrepancies in the invoicing or payment process, maintain accurate records of all payments, manage supplier relationships, and help with month end close activities.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Process supplier invoices ensuring all company controls are adhered to
- Reconcile supplier statements ensuring queries are identified and resolved in an efficient manner
- Responding to supplier queries
- Organising approvals of invoices in a timely manner
- Working collaboratively within the finance team to ensure accounts payable functionality is undertaken efficiently and accurately
- Providing cover for other members of the Finance team
- Review internal finance procedures; create documentation for new processes as required
- Assisting with audit requests
- Review the bank accounts and reconcile weekly
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives in the organisation and incorporate the changes as required
- Promptly respond to information requests from internal and external stakeholders
- Creation of payment runs within the accounting software (NetSuite)
- Creation of payments on banking portal
- Review and approval of expense classification
- Be responsible for key aspects of our month end close, including the reconciliation of cash transactions in our bank accounts to our internal records and accounting entries for prepayments, fixed assets and accruals;
- Collaborate with other departments to improve the company's payables process and resolve any issues or discrepancies
- Other ad-hoc assignments as and when required
To be successful in this role, you:
- Have at least 2 years full-time accounts payable experience working directly in accounts payable, bank reconciliations and employee expenses
- Have experience with Netsuite
- Have excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Have a proactive approach with the ability to show personal drive and enthusiasm
- Have high IT literacy skills and competence with Microsoft office packages
- Have proficient knowledge of commonly used accounts payable concepts, practices, and procedures
- Ideally have experience in being part of the setting up of an accounts team
- Ideally have experience working in a payments company
- You will be working with a highly experienced and driven team where, alongside your day-to-day activities, you will learn the ins and outs of creating and growing a technology company.
- You will be working remotely, but getting together IRL at regular intervals to establish personal and meaningful relationships with your team and the rest of the company
- A base salary of up to £40,000.00 DOE
- You will enjoy 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Private Medical
- Pension Scheme
- Company Options Scheme
We are a remote first business however, most of our team comes into the office 1-2 days a week depending on their role for in person collaboration. Whoever takes on this role should be comfortable with commuting into our London office.
Paytrix does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Paytrix will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Paytrix on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.
Something looks off?