Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
We are looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to join our early-stage FinTech!
At Paytrix, our mission is to redefine global payments for online businesses, helping them to thrive in the digital economy. Based remotely in Poland, the Senior SDET will be central to defining and executing our automation testing strategy so that our platform and services are available when customers want to use them.
Who we are
We are building the world’s first regulated payments curation layer. By consolidating best in class payments infrastructure under our ecosystem, we will enable marketplaces and eCommerce brands to scale their payments operations smoothly around the world.
We’ve just raised one of the largest pre-seed rounds in UK history from some of the world's leading FinTech focused Venture Capital firms (including the backers of Flywire, Pipe, GoCardless, Tide, Pave, and Stitch), and are supported by several well-known industry angel investors that have built multi-billion dollar businesses globally.
We are building a workplace that encourages growth, development, and fun. Working in a startup can be both rewarding and challenging, we’ll be with you throughout the highs and lows as one team.
Our goal is to make the complex - simple, the messy - clean, and to make global scale accessible to every brand and platform. How we move money is changing at an unprecedented rate, and a digital revolution is happening now.
At the intersection of fiat, crypto, Decentralised Finance (DeFi), non-traditional forms of transfer of value, and Government regulations exists a very difficult problem to solve: How to make it all work -at a global scale-, in a seamless, safe, legal, fair and private way? That’s what Paytrix has set out to address through a combination of global partnerships with tier one organisations, streamlined commercial and legal agreements, and truly progressive technology.
We are looking for a relentlessly driven and intellectually curious individual to join our technology team. Although your primary responsibility will be to design, co-develop, and automate the execution of software test plans and test cases, you will also be a champion for continuous improvement through experimentation, retrospection, and innovation.
Our backend is developed predominantly on Java with SpringBoot and SpringCloud, and our frontend in Next.JS. We are deploying to K8S with GitHub Actions and ArgoCD on AWS, but remain somewhat cloud agnostic as we are pursuing a multi-cloud strategy.
To be successful in this role, you:
- Must have strong programming skills with a solid knowledge of Java and ideally JS
- Must have knowledge of software testing methodologies like Behavior-Driven Development and testing principles, such as functional testing, component testing, integration testing, regression testing, and performance testing
- Are proficient with UI test automation tools and frameworks, in particular Cucumber, Cypress & Selenium WebDriver.
- Are proficient with Rest API & gRPC automation testing tools & frameworks, ideally SpringBootTest, TestRestClient, TestContainers, WireMock, JUnit.
- Are very familiar with performance & load testing tools, ideally Gatling.
- Understand the Agile software development life cycle, DevOps Approach & Continuous Testing.
- Can mentor engineering teams, assist them by identifying testing goals and needs, and drive a culture of knowledge sharing in order to close knowledge gaps.
- Can help foster an environment of psychological safety that enables team members to thrive. This is very important to us, as we are a highly diverse group made up of people from many different ethnicities, religious beliefs and gender identities.
- Have some experience in Payments or a FinTech business.
As part of this role you will receive the following:
- Annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Private Medical Care
- Company Options Scheme
Paytrix does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Paytrix will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to the specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Paytrix on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.
Something looks off?