Customer Success Manager
Collective is on a mission to redefine the way businesses-of-one work. Collective’s technology and team of trusted advisors enables our members to achieve financial independence by taking care of everything from business incorporation to accounting, bookkeeping, tax services and access to a thriving community, all in one integrated platform. We believe in empowering self-employed people to enjoy the same tax savings that big companies get.
Featured in Forbes, Business Insider, Yahoo, Bloomberg, Financial Times, Techcrunch and more. We’re backed by General Catalyst, Sound Ventures (Ashton Kutcher and Guy Oseary), QED Investors, Google’s Gradient Ventures, Expa and prominent investors who have financed and built iconic companies like YouTube, Substack, Twitch, Box, Hims, Instacart, Lyft, and more.
About the Role
The Member Experience Manager is a key leadership role responsible for overseeing and managing a team of member support representatives. This role is focused on delivering exceptional customer service, resolving customer issues, and continuously improving the customer experience. The Member Experience Manager will provide guidance, support, and resources to the team to ensure customer satisfaction and loyalty. Your team members will be the client-facing representation of our team and our brand. We are looking for people who truly care about helping and improving the lives and businesses of solopreneurs. In this role, you will be exposed to a wide variety of scenarios that will require you to be resourceful and thoughtful to resolve. No two days will be the same, but it’s very rewarding as you are a key advisor to our entrepreneurs.
Customer Issue Resolution:
- Oversee the efficient and effective resolution of customer inquiries, complaints, and issues.
- Manage elevated customer issues, ensuring prompt and professional resolution.
- Collaborate with team members to find solutions to complex customer problems.
Customer Feedback and Insights:
- Gather and analyze customer feedback to gain insights into customer needs, preferences, and pain points.
- Use customer insights to make data-driven recommendations for improving products, services, and processes.
- Serve as the advocate for the customer within the company.
Process Improvement and Quality Assurance:
- Identify opportunities to streamline and improve customer support processes and procedures based on customer feedback and performance metrics.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as product development and marketing, to implement process enhancements that enhance the customer experience.
- Monitor and report on key performance indicators (KPIs) related to customer support efficiency and effectiveness.
- Implement and maintain quality assurance processes to ensure consistent and high-quality customer interactions.
- Lead, mentor, and coach a team of customer support representatives to deliver outstanding customer service.
- Set clear performance expectations and goals for the team and monitor progress.
- Conduct regular performance evaluations and provide constructive feedback.
- Foster a positive and collaborative team culture that prioritizes customer satisfaction.
Training and Development:
- Provide ongoing training and development opportunities to team members to enhance their skills and knowledge.
- Stay up-to-date with industry best practices and emerging customer service trends.
- Encourage and support team members in pursuing professional development opportunities.
What we want you to bring
- Bachelor's degree in business, customer service, or a related field (Master's degree preferred).
- 5+ years of experience in customer support or a related role, ideally within the Tax and Accounting fields, with at least 5 years in a supervisory or managerial capacity.
- In depth knowledge of S corporations and their value to small businesses.
- Familiarity with online bookkeeping and payroll systems like Xero, QBO and Gusto.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Ability to analyze data and make data-driven decisions
- Customer-focused mindset and a passion for delivering exceptional customer experiences.
- Familiarity with customer support software and tools like Salesforce, Front, Slack and Calendly and G Suite.
- Problem-solving and conflict-resolution abilities.
- Experience with customer feedback analysis and quality assurance processes.
- Hyper organized and able to juggle multiple clients and asks.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Resourcefulness & comfort with change and ambiguity in a fast-paced environment.
- A strong desire to help others.
What we offer in return
Compensation Range: $90,000 - $120,000 USD annual base salary.
The salary ranges for the roles are posted for your convenience and review. Please understand that if an offer is presented, the offer compensation package will be based on the relevant position related skills a candidate demonstrates during our formal interview process.
- A remote first environment.
- A diverse and collaborative team culture.
- Stock options package.
- 14 company holidays + unlimited PTO.
- Employer paid Health, Vision and Dental Insurance.
- 100% coverage for employees
- 75% coverage for dependents
- PC or Mac laptop + $750 Home office stipend.
- Paid parental leave.
- Team events and virtual gatherings.
- $600 wellness bonus.
- Professional development courses available for CPAs and Enrolled Agents.
- Out of State Medical Care Travel Stipend
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Collective, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Collective is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.