Tax Advisor - Member Relations
Collective is on a mission to redefine the way businesses-of-one work. Collective’s technology and team of trusted advisors enables our members to achieve financial independence by taking care of everything from business incorporation to accounting, bookkeeping, tax services and access to a thriving community, all in one integrated platform. We believe in empowering self-employed people to enjoy the same tax savings that big companies get.
Featured in Forbes, Business Insider, Yahoo, Bloomberg, Financial Times, Techcrunch and more. We’re backed by General Catalyst, Sound Ventures (Ashton Kutcher and Guy Oseary), QED Investors, Google’s Gradient Ventures, Expa and prominent investors who have financed and built iconic companies like YouTube, Substack, Twitch, Box, Hims, Instacart, Lyft, and more.
About the Role:
Collective is looking for an experienced Tax Advisor for our Member Relations team. In this role, you will serve as the main point of contact for our clients. This is a critical role, given you will be the client-facing representation of our team and our brand. We are looking for people who truly care about helping and improving the lives and businesses of solopreneurs. In this role, you will be exposed to a wide variety of scenarios that will require you to be resourceful and thoughtful to resolve. No two days will be the same, but it’s very rewarding as you are a key advisor to our entrepreneurs.
- Inform members on how S-Corps work and how they can be a tool to optimize taxes, tell them how Collective works.
- Understand our clients’ financial background, financial goals, help them identify optimization opportunities, help them make a decision on reasonable salary, train them on quarterly checks, quarterly estimates and how Collective works.
- Provide them with year-round tax advice and provide customer support.
- Build and maintain trust with members through clear, professional, and timely communication.
- Provide exceptional support on tax and accounting inquiries while leveraging cross-functional partners and resources.
- Develop strong internal relationships, including with technical stakeholders, and serve as an advocate for our Members.
- Proactively provide updates and reminders to Members on key milestones.
What we want you to bring:
- In depth knowledge of S corporations and their value to small businesses.
- 5+ years of relevant Tax and Accounting experience.
- Experience working in a client-facing role.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Familiarity with online bookkeeping and payroll systems like Xero, QBO and Gusto.
- Experience using Salesforce, Front, Slack and Calendly and G Suite.
- Comfortable speaking with customers via email, video, and on the phone.
- Hyper organized and able to juggle multiple clients and asks.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Resourcefulness & comfort with change and ambiguity in a fast-paced environment.
- A strong desire to help others.
What we offer in return:
Compensation Range: $80,000-$90,000 USD annual base salary.
The salary ranges for the roles are posted for your convenience and review. Please understand that if an offer is presented, the offer compensation package will be based on the relevant position related skills a candidate demonstrates during our formal interview process.
- A remote first environment.
- A diverse and collaborative team culture.
- Stock options package.
- 14 company holidays + unlimited PTO.
- Employer paid Health, Vision and Dental Insurance.
- 100% coverage for employees
- 75% coverage for dependents
- PC or Mac laptop + $750 Home office stipend.
- Paid parental leave.
- Team events and virtual gatherings.
- $600 wellness bonus.
- Professional development courses available for CPAs and Enrolled Agents.
- Out of State Medical Care Travel Stipend
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Collective, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Collective is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.