Product Designer, Internal Tools
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, February 2, 2024
We exist to accelerate innovation by increasing the number of successful startups in the world. We want to give more people the opportunity to participate in the venture economy by building the financial infrastructure that makes it possible for more people to invest in world changing startups, and build tools for startups that help them run their operations so they can focus on building.
AngelList is the nexus of venture capital and the startup community. We support over $14B+ in assets under management. We’ve driven capital to over 12,000 startups, almost 282 of which are unicorns. 57% of top-tier U.S. VC deals involve investors on AngelList.
While our scale is large, our ambitions are even larger – we’re innovating on the financial infrastructure for venture investors and the startups they invest in. Come build with us.
About the Role:
Your role will be to lead the design of our internal tooling, improving efficiency of our team and support for our customers. This is an opportunity to work on the systems which AngelList’s platform runs on.
You will collaborate with your product and engineering team to identify the largest efficiency time-sinks and design solutions to make it quick and easy for our administrative teams to serve our customers. You will be reporting into our Product Design Lead.
- Lead the design for an internal-tool focused product area
- Help identify areas of opportunity in our internal tools to improve efficiency of service
- Help guide the vision of the product and achieve it through research synthesis and design explorations
- Work with XFN partners closely and solicit feedback to ensure project outcomes are being me
- Know when to bypass minor UX testing and lean on your expertise, but also when to propose initiatives to fill in the gaps
- Use existing design systems and standards and work to improve these systems and standards when necessary
- Take on complicated projects which overlap with several product areas and seek the information required to fill in any missing gaps
Other characteristics of the ideal candidate:
- Excited by system-level product or service design work; you don’t mind working on internal tooling where customers will not see your work directly
- Someone who has at least 3-5 years of relevant design experience
- Comfortable being a sole contributor to high impact projects
If you don’t tick every box above, we’d still encourage you to apply. We’re building a diverse team whose skills balance and complement one another.
AngelList has offices in three hub cities: San Francisco, Seattle, and New York City that you can choose to work from. We’re focused on hiring within these hubs and people within 1 hour travel distance of the hub offices are expected to come into the office twice per week. From time to time, we will make rare exceptions for new hires if they need to be fully remote.
Benefits: We support our employees in their lives both inside and outside of work.
* See additional detail on our benefits here: https://angell.ist/venture-benefits
* Learn about our Funders & Founders Program here: https://join.angellist.com/
Learn more about what AngelList has accomplished by checking out some recent things we’ve published over the last six months: AngelList Confidential 2023
AngelList is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.