Belltower Funds | Financial Accounting Senior Associate
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Friday, August 19, 2022
About AngelList & Belltower Funds:
We exist to accelerate innovation by increasing the number of successful startups in the world. We want to give more people the opportunity to participate in the venture economy by building the financial infrastructure that makes it possible for more people to invest in world changing startups, and build tools for startups that help them run their operations so they can focus on building.
AngelList is the nexus of venture capital and the startup community. We support over $14B+ in assets under management. We’ve driven capital to over 12,000 startups, almost 282 of which are unicorns. 57% of top-tier U.S. VC deals involve investors on AngelList.
While our scale is large, our ambitions are even larger – we’re innovating on the financial infrastructure for venture investors and the startups they invest in. Come build with us.
About the Role:
The Financial Accounting Senior Associate is a key member of the team responsible for supporting the accounting, valuation and reporting functions for 10,000+ funds run from the AngelList Venture platform. This position is part of our team that prepares fund accounting work that is not yet automated, resolves exceptions, addresses investor inquiries, and researches new technical issues.
The Financial Accounting Senior Associate will report to the Director of Financial Accounting. You will work with other financial accounting team members and other cross-functional operations teams. You will review post-close actions in order to process valuation and accounting updates, review management and administrative fee calculations, perform ad-hoc and scheduled financial reporting, and interface directly with both GPs and LPs with regards to any of the above.
- Evaluate portfolio company events and data, and determine the appropriate valuation action for each investment.
- Help prepare both audited and unaudited financial statements.
- Ensure that accounting treatment for portfolio company investments are in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and evaluate special situations.
- Maintain the investment tracking system so that it remains accurate and up-to-date.
- Work with engineering teams to continue the push towards increased automation.
- Demonstrated operational excellence in the financial sector (minimum of four years), a superb academic track record, and CPA license (strongly preferred).
- The ability to communicate effectively with portfolio companies and lead investors with polished professionalism.
- Superb attention to detail -- you need to be able to catch the corner case every time.
- Exceptional organizational skills and a love of process. We oversee a portfolio of investments in the thousands which can only be managed systematically.
- Willingness to get your hands dirty: good data usually takes hard work and determination.
- Mastery of core financial concepts and a strong interest in the nuts and bolts of venture finance. Your day-to-day will touch on the legal, accounting, tax, and finance components that underlie the venture financing ecosystem.
- Great attitude with the ability to embrace regular change as we continually improve products and process.
If you don’t tick every box above, we’d still encourage you to apply. We’re building a diverse team whose skills balance and complement one another.
Belltower Funds is a remote-first entity. This position is fully remote for anyone in the United States.
AngelList has offices in three hub cities: San Francisco, Seattle, and New York City that you have the option to work from.
Benefits: We support our employees in their lives both inside and outside of work.
* See additional detail on our benefits here: https://angell.ist/venture-benefits
* Learn about our Funders & Founders Program here: https://join.angellist.com/
Learn more about what AngelList has accomplished by checking out some recent things we’ve published over the last six months: AngelList Year in Review 2022 (https://www.angellist.com/2022) and AngelList Confidential 2022 (https://angell.ist/ALC2022).
AngelList is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.